Front-end Craft CMS Web Developer
Front-end Web Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and progressive front-end web developer to join our team.
Do you want to be involved in creating some badass websites/applications with amazing clients? Want to work with a team of creatives that genuinely want to help support you in levelling up in your career? Do you want to be in a compassionate environment, the sort of place where it doesn’t feel like a chore to turn up for work?
Then we think we’re the place for you…if you’re interested.
A bit about us
We’re a brand and digital agency based in Nottingham with a team of 8, and we’ve been around for the past 17 years. In the last 6, we’ve grown rapidly in digital, with our focus always being on developing with Craft. We’re now a verified partner for Craft CMS and working toward Commerce verification.
Regarding the team and our culture, we’re a close-knit, collaborative team. Everyone gets the opportunity to have their say, and ideas are always welcome and heard. We’re highly creative and extremely supportive. Work-life balance is important to all of us. We encourage holidays, being open (so we can all help each other), and advocating for our team. We’re all our biggest champions. We’re a hybrid workplace, so you can work both in the studio and at home throughout the week—but we do our best to make sure the studio feels like a home-from-home too.
We’re ambitious and keen to keep pushing for bigger wins and more great clients. We believe in doing exceptional work for exceptional people.
Please note: we are not interested in recruitment agency support, and this is for a UK-based developer only. We will need the successful candidate to regularly be in our central Nottingham studio to collaborate with our other devs and designers.
More about the role
The person on board will report to our Technical Director and be responsible for delivering development work (both new builds and existing sites) across our entire portfolio of digital / web clients.
£25K-£35K depending on experience
- Creating responsive websites with intuitive functionality
- Maintaining current websites & implementing new features
Requirements we’re looking for
Demonstrable ability to produce semantic, clean, responsive HTML, CSS, PHP and JS code.
Experience with Craft CMS would be highly beneficial for this role but not essential.
- Experience with PHP templating engines, specifically Twig
- Working knowledge of web standards, responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Database knowledge, mainly (but not limited to) MySQL
- Experience with build tool(s) such as Webpack and Gulp
- Experience with Git and version control workflow
- Understanding of web server architecture
- Understanding of on-site SEO best practice
- Understanding of performance optimisation best practice
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Desire to learn and implement the latest technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work on own initiative and to deliver projects independently
- A positive and can-do attitude
- Personable, sociable and collaborative
- Ability to work with the project management team to scope out and quote for projects
- 30 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays)
- Company closure between Christmas and New Year (in addition to annual leave)
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- City Centre location (dangerously close to delicious restaurants)
- Hybrid working (working in the studio and at home)
Then there are your bog standards—free coffee, tea, milk, the classic agency drink fridges, earlier finishes on a Friday, biscuit jars, regular homemade bakes, banter, bring your dog to work, take you out for lunch on your birthday, and lots of flexibility when it comes to you needing to pop to appointments, etc.
How to apply
If you’re interested in knowing more about the role and cover most of the above requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, covering your skills and experience. Please include your portfolio or site links indicating which section you worked on. Alternatively, use the form below.
What you can expect next
We’ll be in touch with successful candidates to arrange an informal interview to get to know you better and understand your experience with different technologies. Don’t worry about getting suited and booted, we’re all casual here. If you’re still interested in the role and working with us at Abstrakt, we’ll ask you to perform a technical development task based on a brief and ask you to come back and present it to us, too and meet the wider team.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
We’ve got it all under control. Your message has been received loud and clear. A member of our team will get back to you shortly. Over and out.